Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Please Remind Me...

Sometimes it is hard to remember to do things when we don't view that 'thing' as being important, or to pep talk ourselves when we are feeling down in the dumps. 

I have mentioned before that I am a planner person. Without Greenly (that's right, it/she has a name), I would be seriously lost.  In my planner I have a lot of things, but one thing that I really enjoy looking at each day is my wife/homemaker insert. 

I came across this information last month in a book that I was reading.  I really liked the concept, but didn't want to have to refer to the book all the time as a reminder.  So, I decided to turn the info into my own print out.  I changed the wording just a bit and added some cuteness and this is what I came up with.  I like having it quickly available so that I can remind myself, when need be, why God gave me these roles.  

It is so easy as a Mom and Wife to get wrapped up in the depressing and mundane and exhausting parts of our roles, but God tells us in so many areas of the bible that we have been given a very important job and that we are to do all things as unto the Lord.  Well then, when you put it that way...
I wanted to share with you these reminders so that when you are feeling a huge weight on your shoulders or feeling negative toward your husband, you can remind yourself of your role and what the Lord requires of you. 

When we train our minds to think certain thoughts, it makes it much easier to tell the devil to take a hike when he tries to convince us that our jobs are worthless or our marriages and husbands aren't worth the effort.  He is constantly looking for ways to sneak in and change our mind set.  I challenge you to look at these each time you feel less than joy about your amazing roles.  

Remember, God chose you to do your job - nobody else.

 (I printed these out in 5x7 format so that I could put them back to back in my planner.)  



No comments:

Post a Comment