Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Dashboard of Life

So I am a personal planner girl. I find that for me and my brain, I must have a place to house it all. However, this year I have decided to downsize. Last year I was, no kidding, using a 3 ring school binder. Did I need all that was in it, yes. Did I need it to be that big, no. 

I will get in to more of what my planner houses in another post, but I wanted to show you what I came up with for my front page. I call it my 'dashboard'. The definition of dashboard is this: a panel beneath the front window having various gauges and accessories for the use of the driver; instrument panel. Exactly! I kind of feel like my planner is the vehicle for my life. It gets me to where I am trying/wanting to go. In my opinion, your planner should be pretty enough and inspiring enough to YOU, that you want to keep coming back. 

When I open up my planner, I want it to make me happy first thing.
On the front side of my dashboard are inspirational sayings that I hope to guide me through my day, my journey, my year, etc... 

On the other side are goals that I have set for myself that I want to improve. 















By looking at this many times per day, I hope that these thoughts will be more present on my mind. I chose to put them on sticky notes so that I could change them out as needed. Maybe you don't have a planner, but if you have a place that you find yourself multiple times a day, I urge you to make a place for inspiration and goals. You may be surprised what you have accomplished by this time next year.

Blessings,

'Me'

1 comment: