Saturday, February 1, 2014

14 Day Love Challenge

IT'S FEBRUARY!!!  I love Valentine's Day. Hugs, Kisses, Snuggles, Love Notes.  I love it all.  

Last year I wanted to find a way for us to celebrate Valentine's Day for more than just one day.  It just seems to me that the love holiday should be drawn out as long as possible.  Why not take more than one day to show those who you love, well, that you love them.  

I found these super cute metal mailboxes from Target in the dollar section and the candlesticks from the Dollar General.  I turned the candlesticks upside down and monkey glued the mailboxes to the top. A metal name holder with my family members names finalized the look.  


From February 1 through 14 we each send one another love mail throughout each day.  It has been a great way for our family to make the holiday more meaningful and sincere.  

The kids have a great time drawing pictures or writing notes to us and to each other. It's fun to see that your flag has been raised and wonder what's been put inside.  I wanted for us as a family to mindful for 14 days to think to show love to one another and realize how blessed we are, in hopes that the feeling would carry on throughout the rest of the year...for the little ones in our family.  I have to brag a little when I say that my kiddos truly love each other.

Do they sometimes bicker like siblings do, sure.  But at the end of the day they truly do care for and love one another and for that I feel positively blessed.  

Today in the kids mailboxes they found this 'love note'.  I found a recipe on jensfavoritecookies.com 
and made this postcard on Picmonkey.

Your 'mail' doesn't always have to be something purchased.  A note that you either wrote or printed off or just a fun activity that you planned, means so much more than a cheap trinket because you took the time to do it.  

This year I urge you to take the 14 Day Love Challenge.  Make your Valentine's more deliberate than ever and take the time to tell those that you love that you're head over heels for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment