Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Clean Approach

I wanted to share with you my weekly schedule for cleaning.  I shared this at our MOPS group and figured that maybe some of you could benefit from it as well. Nothing that I put on here is guaranteed to fit your needs, but if nothing else, I hope that this will help you at least plan out your week to better work for you and your family.  
  
I am someone who does not enjoy taking a WHOLE day to clean my house, for a few reasons.  
1.  It takes all day
2.  While I am busy cleaning for that amount of time, I am missing out on time with my family.  
3.  The amount of stops and go's that would be made during a whole day of cleaning would be off the charts, which would then cause me to be really bitter.
4.  As I was putting all of that hard work in making things clean and pretty, my little's would be taking it right back to square one.  
  
Quite some time ago I decided that I needed a better plan that what I was rollin'. Each day I have different jobs that I plan to accomplish.  By doing this I am not spending a whole day cleaning and if I am faithful with it my house pretty much stays company ready all week.  
  
Obviously this plan is set for our family and our lifestyle, so tweak it to your needs and take some of the stress and pain out of keeping your home clean and peaceful.

Morning before school:
- wake up before your kiddos - 
exercise
Make beds
Empty dishwasher
Put in one load of wash
Wipe down bathrooms

Afternoon
Sweep kitchen floor and entry
Chore of the day

Evening
Fold laundry and put away
Load dishwasher
Plan for tomorrow

Chore of the day
Monday:                      mop/ vacuum
Tuesday:                     kitchen chores
Wednesday:               bathrooms
Thursday:                    sheets and linens
Friday:                         baking, dusting, Sabbath preparation
Saturday:                     rest

Sunday:                       swing day

Swing Day Jobs:

1st Week                wipe down cabinets

2nd Week               wipe down walls, baseboards, doors           

3rd Week                clean inside windows and blinds
4th Week                tidy garage/ outdoor areas 

1 comment: