Saturday, March 15, 2014

Springing Forward

This past week I spent some time getting my home 'Spring ready'.  
I like peaceful, clean decor, but I like to
add pops of color in areas that won't tend to go out of style next week. I like plants and flowers, however, those things don't always do well in our area due to a combination of heat and deer.  I chose to add my pops of color in the pots on my porch instead of in flowers that will be really difficult in a month or so to keep hydrated as much as would be needed. 

I purchased 4 terracotta pots with saucers in three different sizes.   Next I spray painted the pots in two cheerful colors.  













I like this spray paint for two reasons,  it dries quick and it has a built in primer.  

Once the paint had dried I then added the polka dots with a round sponge brush and some white paint.
The finished product turned out pretty cute if I do say so.  For a little money and a little time, you can have cute custom pots to prepare your home for Spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment